I can't wait to introduce you to our Mom of the Month! Kaity K. Kaity is such a loyal member, she was even the winner of our 12 days of fitness contest by attending more than 12 classes in the busy Month of December! Let's get to know Kaity!
1) Where are you from?
La Grange Park, IL which is a suburb of Chicago.
2) How many kids do you have?
1, William is 17 months old
3) How long have you been participating in FIT4MOM programs?
A little over a year
4) What motivates you to exercise?
The way it makes me feel afterwards...happier, more energized, and stronger.
5) What is your favorite thing about FIT4MOM?
Being around so many amazing women! And it's something Will and I both truly look forward to. When I ask him if he wants to go see his buddies at Stroller Strides he usually signs "please" and brings me his shoes. How could you not love that?
6) What is your favorite thing to do for yourself, in your Mom-ME time?
A nice long bath with a good book and a cup of tea. Or wine. Some days definitely wine.
7) What is one piece of advice you would give to new moms?
Be gentle on yourself. Being a new mom is soooo many things and if you're anything like me you just want to do it all right and be the best mom possible. But we all second guess, make mistakes, want to feel "normal" again quickly, and occasionally let ourselves down. It's a learn as you go thing and if you have a rough day you can just try better tomorrow. No use in beating yourself up!