Hey! It's #membermonday and I want to share a bit more about our October M.O.M., Jordan! Jordan has been a FIT4MOM member for a relatively short time and has already experienced all of the programs we offer: Stroller Strides and Barre, Body Back and Run Club! She was recently on one of our QC Marathon relay teams! I love that Jordan has found a way to put herself first by getting in exercise, either with or without her sweet babe in tow! She also works full time as a nurse!
Learn a bit more about Jordan:
1) Where are you from? Born in Omaha, NE but grew up in Long Grove, IA
2) How many kids do you have? One - Nora is 8 months old
3) How long have you been participating in FIT4MOM programs? I have been participating in Fit4Mom programs since Nora was 6 weeks old. I started with the Stroller Strides maternity class pass and quickly followed with the 5K training program.
4) What was the greatest thing about the 5K training program you did? For me, the greatest thing about the 5K training program was the support. I loved having challenges/support from other moms in the private Facebook group. This really kept me accountable and kept me running on my own!
5) How did you benefit from the Body Back Program? I absolutely loved Body Back! One of the biggest benefits for me was having the BB recipe/nutrition guide and support from Gretchen and the other mamas in class. I also loved having 2 nights a week that were dedicated to ME and allowed me to focus on bettering myself.
6) What motivates you to exercise? I feel so much better when I exercise! I also love Fit4Mom classes because I'm able to get out of the house and socialize/meet other moms.
7) What is your favorite thing about FIT4MOM? The workouts are great (and so are the moms/kiddos)! I love that I'm able to exercise with Nora. I don't have "mom guilt" for leaving her at home/with childcare.
8) What is your favorite thing to do for yourself, in your Mom-ME time? I like doing "girly things" -- getting my hair done/massage/pedicure. I also love a good shopping spree!
9) What is one piece of advice you would give to new moms? Try to get out of the house once a day. Even if it's a quick walk around the block, it does wonders at making you feel more human and less like a "mombie" ;)
Now that is great advice! Thank you for being a part of our village!