I am so excited for everyone to meet Ellie, our March Mom of the Month!
We first met Ellie when she completed our first 5K training and she has since joined us for two Body Back sessions. Ellie was our Biggest Winner for the holiday mini session and made great gains in strength and lost inches/lbs in the last session too!
I am proud to have Ellie as part of Our Village!
We asked Ellie a few questions about herself and FIT4MOM:
1) Where are you from? Ottawa, IL
2) How many kids do you have? Two, 15 month old twin girls, Millie and Charlie
3) How long have you been participating in FIT4MOM programs? I began August, 2015
4) What is the best thing for you about Body Back? Body Back makes me feel strong and accomplished! I can feel myself getting stronger each week, and because of the assessments, I can actually see my progress over the course of the two sessions that I have done.
5) What was the greatest thing about the 5K training program you did? I loved the weekly running sessions, but my proudest accomplishment was that I finished the race with my best time of the whole program!
6) What motivates you to exercise? Exercise makes me feel more energetic and helps reduce my stress. I also want to make sure that I can keep up with the girls...they are getting fast!
7) What is your favorite thing about FIT4MOM? FIT4MOM creates a comfortable and supportive environment to exercise. I have always struggled in the gym environment, comparing myself to other people, thinking about what I can't do, feeling overwhelmed about how "out of shape" I was. I felt instantly comfortable in both my 5k training program and the Body Back programs. The instructors and other members are so kind and encouraging. I find myself excited that I "get" to exercise every week!
8) What is your favorite thing to do for yourself, in your Mom-ME time? I love to read, and shop, and then shop some more :)
9) What is one piece of advice you would give to new moms? Go with what feels right for you and your family. You will receive so many tips, tricks, and opinions, but just do what feels right to you! Also, it is not just ok, but essential, to take time for yourself!