I am super excited to introduce you to our April Mom of the Month and tell you about her upcoming role on the blog! First lets introduce her, meet Stephanie!
1) Where are you from? Grayslake, IL
2) How many kids do you have? Two. Evelyn is 2 and Jack is 5 months.
3) How long have you been participating in FIT4MOM programs? I joined Stroller Strides in October 2014.
4) What motivates you to exercise? My biggest motivators are my kids. Aside from wanting them to emulate a healthy lifestyle, I want to feel good in my own body. It's an added bonus that the rest of my day always feels better after leaving a work out.
5) What is your favorite thing about FIT4MOM? With all the negativity that exists in the world, I love the positive atmosphere that FIT4MOM exudes. It is always a safe, welcoming and fun place to spend our time. Truly, I could exercise anywhere, but I choose FIT4MOM because of the other participants who have become friends.
6) You have signed up for the 5K training and the next Body Back Session, what inspired you to start those programs? Since having my son, my body doesn't feel quite the same. I decided I need to ditch the feelings of low energy and achiness, as well as the extra pounds. Dedicating more time to myself and my well-being will help me to be more energized for all that motherhood demands.
7) What is your favorite thing to do for yourself, in your Mom-ME time? Trying new restaurants, crafting, long baths, fixing things/house projects.
8) What is one piece of advice you would give to new moms? Follow your gut. There is always going to be incoming advice-good, bad or indifferent. You know what is best for your family.
And now for the other exciting part. Stephanie has agreed to share her Body Back experience for us over the next 8 weeks! Body Back started last night and each Sunday we will share a new post from Stephanie. I hope you will follow along on her journey!