I am so happy to introduce you to our July M.O.M.! Megan L. has been a part of so many FIT4MOM programs over the last year! She has done running groups, a regular evening Stroller Strides attendee and is in her 2nd Body Back Session!! Megan was also our Spring Body Back biggest winner, wohooo!!
Lets find out a bit more about Megan:
) Where are you from? Davenport
2) How many kids do you have? One daughter, Nora, who is 2.
3) How long have you been participating in FIT4MOM programs? A little over a year, since March 2016.
4) What is the best thing for you about Body Back? I enjoyed having a scheduled time to work out.
5) What was the greatest thing about the 5K training program you did? The support of other moms in the Facebook group and during group runs. I love running the 5K race at the end together too!
6) What motivates you to exercise? All the benefits- stress relief, better sleep, and endorphins!
7) What is your...more
Most of you know me or have met me at a class but not everyone knows my story as how I came to own FIT4MOM Quad Cities and/or my WHY! So, I thought I would share it all with you on this little blog for my 3rd Anniversary as owner of FIT4MOM Quad Cities.
My FIT4MOM story started in my 2011 marathon training group with cornbelt running club, I saw a car sticker "stroller strides" and didn't really know what it was but it was always in the back of my mind. Fast forward to May 2012 after my daughter was born and a fellow runner friend and I decided to try a class together, when Stella was around 8 weeks old. I was working as a physical therapist until her birth and went to PRN status after she was born. I knew I needed something to get me out of the house so I tried Stroller Strides. I joined to come once a week, on Fridays. Stella slept late, I worked some and I enjoyed other forms of exercise like tennis and volleyball and running too! I didn't attend playgroups much or moms nights. I still liked my workouts on Fridays and the group of Moms and eventually started...more
These suggestions are adapted from the FIT4MOM Chicago Blog:
In honor of Mother's Day I am so excited to highlight one very, very special Mom in our classes, Connie P! She is actually my Mom! She is completing her 3rd Body Back Session and I am always so impressed by her dedication and her results!
Learn a bit more about Connie:
1. Where are you from? I am from Camanche IA
2. Who are you a Mom to? I have two children. Chelsea 34 & Bryson 32. Both are married & each have 2 children. Love my Grandmahood!
3. How long have you been participating in FIT4MOM programs? I am in my third session of Body Back. I participated in the first BB session offered by the Q C Fit4Mom & have loved each session.
4. What is your favorite thing about Body Back? My favorite thing about BB is how it challenges me & how successful I feel even though I struggle with some of the exercises. The instructors are always able to provide me with modifications.
5. What motivates you to exercise? A PT once told me "motion is lotion". I have good reasons to stay in motion & BB fits my needs!
6. What is your...more
We are back with a new M.O.M., Megan R. One of the great things about FIT4MOM is that there are franchises nationwide! Megan joined us after moving here from Hawaii where she was a FIT4MOM member! Let's meet Megan!
1) Where are you from? Rehoboth Beach, DE
2) How many kids do you have? 2 boys, Ben and Thomas
3) How long have you been participating in FIT4MOM programs? I started my first class when Ben was six weeks old, so a little less than four years ago (which is crazy!).
4) What is the best thing for you about the running program? I really need accountability and a set schedule for running, all of which this group provided. I also enjoyed the support and relationships. I met my half marathon training partner/ overall partner in crime in our group! I have always considered myself to be "bad" at running, but with all the support from this group, I began to feel confident for the first time.
5) What motivates you to exercise? Endorphins! Mommy needs endorphins haha! It's one of the few things I do for me, and I always feel better when I'm...more
I would love for you all to meet Michelle H! Michelle is a wonderful addition to our FIT4MOM family and has been involved in FIT4BABY, Stroller Strides and Body Back!
1) Where are you from?
I'm originally from Dyersville but have been in Davenport for ever ten years now.
2) How many kids do you have?
I have one son, Lawson, who turns one the first week of December.
3) How long have you been participating in FIT4MOM programs?
I joined Fit4Mom with the first Fit4Baby class when I was 34 or 35 weeks pregnant, around November of 2015!
4) What was your favorite part of FIT4BABY?
Having a chance to exercise near the end of my pregnancy and talk to other pregnancy women! I wish I could have started earlier in my pregnancy but it was definitely a great way to wrap up those last few weeks!
5) What is the best thing for you about the Body Back Program?
I like having a workout where I don't have to worry about a fussing baby. (The downside is I miss bedtime for Lawson but it's good for Dad!)
6) What motivates you to...more
It's time to introduce our September Mom of the Month! This member has been a loyal member since I took over in 2014, she started when she was very pregnant and worked out right up until the birth of baby #2 and then came back after she was cleared to exercise! We are lucky to have Laci W. and her kids in our village!
1) Introduce yourself and who you are a mom to: My name is Laci Weber and my husband, Brian, and I have two rambunctious children who are 13 months apart: Lillian, 3 and Kellen just turned 2!
2) Where are you from: I grew up in a small town along the Mississippi River called Rapids City
3) How long have you been participating in Stroller Strides? I started Fit4Mom 2 years ago while extremely pregnant with our son trying to see a glimpse of the body I once had. Don't get me wrong, I had NEVER been athletic but having 2 babies in 13 months definitely took it's toll!
4) What is your favorite thing about FIT4MOM? It's hard to pick just one favorite thing about Fit4Mom. It gives me the energy I need to get through the day after the...more
Hello! It's been a bit quiet around here lately, I hope you are enjoying your summer as much as we are at FIT4MOM! After a summer hiatus we are bringing back our M.O.M.!
I want to introduce you to Amanda! Amanda and her son, Will brighten any Stroller Strides Class. She has also completed our 5K training program and is about to enter our next Body Back session. In addition she has volunteered her talent as a photographer to provide us with our Mother's Day Mommy and Me photos! We asked Amanda our M.O.M. questions so we can all learn a bit more about her!
1) Where are you from? Born and raised in Moline!
2) How many kids do you have? One, Will who is 1
3) How long have you been participating in FIT4MOM programs? I have been a member since November 2015
4) What is the best thing for you about the running program? It helped motivate me to get moving again! I stopped running about 5 months into my pregnancy and never got back into it until I joined the running group. I re-found what I had been missing!
5) What motivates you to exercise? I...more
The results are in, and the hard work paid off. I am thrilled with how far I’ve come in only eight weeks! Think about all that can be accomplished in only two months. These eight weeks could have consisted of choices like sitting on the couch after the kids are in bed, snacking out of boredom, or eating the wrong foods. I put my mind to it though, and decided to get out for six workouts per week on average, planned my meals and snacks, and made sure I was mostly eating foods that were going to help my body.
In eight weeks I doubled my plank time, shaved 37 seconds off my 0.4 mile run, and improved greatly in all of my timed strength exercises as well. What I lost in weight and inches, I gained ten-fold in strength, confidence and wellness. I was chatting with my college gal pal about the program and my progress this week. She asked me what I was most proud of, but I really had trouble making a decision. In all aspects of this program I feel so accomplished!
I have learned so much about myself in this short time. I’ve learned that I can push myself further...more
So far I am seven weeks into the Body Back program and have one week to go. I keep surprising myself every week. I did not expect myself to be the person who would choose a salad over a burger or wake up early on the weekend to go running. I am so glad that I am, though. I have seen a transformation in my exercise routine, my diet, my body and my energy level. I am looking forward to running more races this summer, not necessarily because I have developed a love for running, but because I want to see growth in my progress.
This week I wore shorts, as opposed to pants or capris, to exercise and I really felt no differently than I normally do. I was able to confidently go about the routine without worrying what I felt or looked like, or pulling my clothes this way or that out of nervous habit. Thankfully this is just in time for the summer heat to start rolling in!
More important than the smaller numbers I am seeing on the scale each week are the feelings of confidence and strength which continue to grow within me. I am realizing more and more that I am capable of...more
Alright, any Bachelor/Bachelorette fans out there? C’mon, don’t be ashamed. If it’s not that show, I know you have your own guilty pleasure. Well I held the viewing party at my house this time around, and the ladies came prepared with food and drinks. I put together a fruit and cheese tray while others showed up with veggie dip, mini stuffed peppers, chocolate cake, and margaritas and wine. I skipped dinner because I knew this night would be chock full of all kinds of tasty. And of course while I ogled Aaron Rodgers’s little brother and filled out my bracket I treated myself to chocolate cake, because yum.
The next morning at Stroller Strides I could feel a difference in my body’s operation because of the night’s indulgences. I was slow, fatigued and generally pretty miserable. For lunch later that day I craved a big plate of fuel-filled veggies. Wait, did I really just type that sentence? This really is how my mind is shifting. My body knows that foods full of nutrients are going to help me perform better, whether it’s during exercise or not.
I feel satisfied and...more
As I enter into the second half of this program, I can see some real results. These small changes I've made to my life a little at a time have proven to be effective in big ways. There are a couple things I want to touch on this week, my wardrobe and my workouts.
One day in the middle of the week, my kids had an excellent nap day. I used the opportunity to sort through my closet and get it to where I want it to be. I created a pretty significant donation pile which immediately made its way out of the house. The next thing I'm about to tell you is so exciting for me. I plucked each and every maternity item from my closet! These pieces found a new home in a bin settled in the back of the closet. I am at a place where I don't feel like I need them in my daily rotation, but also not too far removed from my comfort zone. Keeping these clothing items just far enough away but still close enough to access is motivation to keep moving toward my goals and also a reminder that slip-ups are ok.
We had another intense and effective round of workouts this week. I left...more
So, the honeymoon phase is over. Not much has changed in my routine, but this was the first week where I felt like I could easily slip back into old habits if the opportunity presented itself. My old pals Starbucks and Chick-fil-A kept asking to hang out, but somehow I managed to blow them off. Plan and prep are so key! It’s possible that I thought I could reward myself for working so hard and having such determination for the first half of the program. Or maybe I thought a small setback wouldn’t make a big difference. Either way, my rational self is continuing to tell my emotional self to lay off the junk and keep my eyes on my goals. This mental strength would be nearly impossible without the support of everyone around me!
Although part of me clearly misses my old eating habits, my increased intake of healthy foods has made a difference in my strength again this week. Remember that 5K I told you about last week? I ran it significantly faster than any of my practice runs at 30:07, and in the rain! If that isn’t proof that Body Back is the real deal then I’m not sure what...more
Endurance! My body is reacquainting itself with that concept at long last. Shortly after last week's blog was published, I ran farther than I have in about ten years. Four miles may not seem like much to some, but in my book that was quite the accomplishment! My runs are becoming faster and longer as I continue to put good fuel in my body. This isn't to say I haven't caved to a few cravings along the way, but overall my eating habits have drastically changed for the better.
It's not only my habits that are changing. My family's habits are shifting, too! You know you're doing something right in the nutrition department of motherhood when your two year old asks for broccoli during lunch. My husband, who dines out almost daily for work, has ordered salads consistently and noticed big strides at the gym as well.
My confidence level is higher now than before I became a mom. Although my body isn't back to what it looked like then, I am prouder of it now. My body made life possible for two other people and can still stand to hold a mean plank or get me through...more
Another week in, and I am feeling great. Before Body Back, I didn’t dedicate very much thought to how my body felt after eating certain foods. Specifically, I didn’t focus on how little energy I had after eating foods with little nutritional value. It’s amazing how energized I feel after putting good, real foods into my body. I am starting to see a shift in my relationship with food. I caught myself on several occasions this week choosing foods based on the energy level they would provide. Seeing food as energy rather than a stress-reliever or cure for boredom is huge for me, and I hope this continues.
I had a great week nutritionally, despite the fact that the grocery store is the most tempting place ever. I can’t say enough about meal planning. With two small kids to tend to all day, planned meals and snacks are essential to having success with proper nutrition. On Sunday I wrote out my breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks and next to those my grocery list. Surprisingly enough I didn’t stray from the ingredient list aside from separate healthy snacks for my daughter. I...more
Change was the name of the game this week. Sunday and Monday were our moving and closing days. My husband had to be out of town for work, my daughter transitioned into a toddler bed (and fell out night one…oops!) and my son started eating purees. Top off all of that with the unpacking of all of our possessions, and you could say our house is a bustling place right about now!
Monday night’s Body Back class was dedicated to our initial assessments. Photos were taken, bodies were measured and physical assessments were completed. In eight weeks my Body Back comrades and I will repeat them to measure our progress. I felt pretty good about my assessments despite sleeping only two hours the night before and moving boxes all day. My 5K training group had definitely prepared me for the running portion of assessments while Stroller Strides helped with the cardio and strength exercises. I realized I needed to amp up my goal for my plank time, because I had nearly met my goal already! Mom strong!
Unfortunately I over-worked and under-slept this week, which led to being sick and...more
“I don’t have time.”
This statement played on repeat in my mind when trying to decide whether I was going to participate in the spring session of Fit4Mom’s Body Back. It rings especially true right now considering I am Mom to a two-year-old who is mastering potty training and a five-month-old who nurses every two hours and wakes three times per night. Oh, and we're moving. This weekend! Lately I have spent my limited free time packing, organizing, list-making, you name it, in preparation for our move. How am I supposed to fit in meal planning or extra workouts? The laundry list of reasons why not to join Body Back could go on and on.
I am coming to the realization that it’s not about having time but rather making time. We had our intro class this week as a guide for what to expect in the upcoming session, and I am SO glad I made the commitment to participate. The group is extremely supportive and every other mom is a Body Back veteran, so I will have the opportunity to steal tricks and tips from them.
During our intro class we had to reveal why...more
I am super excited to introduce you to our April Mom of the Month and tell you about her upcoming role on the blog! First lets introduce her, meet Stephanie!
1) Where are you from? Grayslake, IL
2) How many kids do you have? Two. Evelyn is 2 and Jack is 5 months.
3) How long have you been participating in FIT4MOM programs? I joined Stroller Strides in October 2014.
4) What motivates you to exercise? My biggest motivators are my kids. Aside from wanting them to emulate a healthy lifestyle, I want to feel good in my own body. It's an added bonus that the rest of my day always feels better after leaving a work out.
5) What is your favorite thing about FIT4MOM? With all the negativity that exists in the world, I love the positive atmosphere that FIT4MOM exudes. It is always a safe, welcoming and fun place to spend our time. Truly, I could exercise anywhere, but I choose FIT4MOM because of the other participants who have become friends.
6) You have signed up for the 5K training and the next Body Back Session, what inspired you to start...more
Each Body Back Session we get to crown a new Biggest Winner. Our winner is determined through contests during the session and the greatest amount of change in fitness asseesments, weight and inches lost.
Our Biggest winner in our Winter 2016 Session is Jennifer! Jennifer has taken 2 full sessions and our mini session and has shown such great dedication and improvements in her health. We at FIT4MOM are definitely proud of her! We asked Jennifer a few questions about her body back journey:
Introduce yourself and who you area a mom to: I am Jennifer Hovey, mom to Owen (7) and Emelia (3)
What motivated you to sign up for body back? I had been struggling to lose the weight that I had lost prior to my second pregnancy. I was unable to maintain a regimented workout schedule on my own and felt that I needed the support of others to keep me motivated. Body back was appealing as it was with other mom's who may have experienced similar difficulties, and less likely to make me feel like I was being judged by my looks or abilities.
What is the biggest...more
I am so excited for everyone to meet Ellie, our March Mom of the Month!
We first met Ellie when she completed our first 5K training and she has since joined us for two Body Back sessions. Ellie was our Biggest Winner for the holiday mini session and made great gains in strength and lost inches/lbs in the last session too!
I am proud to have Ellie as part of Our Village!
We asked Ellie a few questions about herself and FIT4MOM:
1) Where are you from? Ottawa, IL
2) How many kids do you have? Two, 15 month old twin girls, Millie and Charlie
3) How long have you been participating in FIT4MOM programs? I began August, 2015
4) What is the best thing for you about Body Back? Body Back makes me feel strong and accomplished! I can feel myself getting stronger each week, and because of the assessments, I can actually see my progress over the course of the two sessions that I have done.
5) What was the greatest thing about the 5K training program you did? I loved the weekly running sessions, but my proudest accomplishment was...more
After a Holiday Hiatus I am back today to share our February Mom of the Month! Sonya S! Sonya is the first M.O.M. that has participated in our newest program, FIT4BABY. Sonya answered a few questions so we could get to know her better.
1) Where are you from? Williamsburg, Iowa
2) How many kids do you have? Owen recently turned two and we are expecting baby boy #2 this March!
3) How long have you been coming to Stroller Strides? I joined stroller strides when Owen was around 6 months---so one and a half years.
4) What is the best thing for you about FIT4Baby? The best thing about FIT4Baby is having a workout tailored to the changing pregnant body. And---sharing experiences, asking questions, make connections and friendships with a group of pregnant moms!
5) What motivates you to exercise? Having more energy, sleeping better, being happier
6) What is your favorite thing about FIT4MOM? When I first started FIT4MOM, I was 6 months postpartum and hadn't worked out regularly since my college years. I decided to try FIT4MOM as a way...more
Please meet our November Mom Of The Month: Laura! Laura started off as a stroller strides member and joined Body Back as well during our current mini-session! Here is what Laura has to say:
1) Where are you from? I am originally from Redwood Falls, Minnesota. I came to the Quad Cities to go to Augustana College and then I went to graduate school at St. Ambrose. I now live in Coal Valley, Illinois with my husband, Curt, and our son.
2) How many kids do you have? I have one son, Connor, who is just about 8 months old!
3) How long have you been coming to Stroller Strides? I have been coming to Stroller Strides since July 2015!
4) What is the biggest thing you've learned so far from Body Back? It’s okay to take time for myself and not feel guilty!
5) What motivates you to exercise? I want to be my best self for me - and my family!! Exercise makes me feel good, it’s a huge stress relief, confidence booster, and helps me sleep better!
6) What is your favorite thing about FIT4MOM? As a first time mom, it is so great to have the support and...more
Today a friend of mine is sharing her breast cancer story. October is breast cancer awareness month, and the Think Pink campaign reminds us to be proactive. However, this is something that we should be checking ourselves for every month. Kelly's story is a great reminder of that. Chelsea
No one ever thinks to themselves that they will be diagnosed with breast cancer. That’s the kind of thing that happens to other women. At least that’s what I thought. I was 27 years old, a mother of a 10 month old and a 2 year old, was married to my high school boyfriend, and had my dream job performing ultrasounds. Life was just as I had always pictured it would be. Then one evening, as I was getting undressed, I felt a pea sized lump in my left breast. It was very hard, not painful, and didn’t move. Terrible thoughts ran through my mind immediately because I had been doing breast ultrasound for several years and the fact that the tumor didn’t move or hurt were both bad signs. I tried to calm myself down so that I didn’t scare my husband. I knew I would have to...more
I am thrilled to introduce Traci on our blog today! Traci was our biggest winner from our first body back session. Traci made huge gains in her physical strength and endurance and has set out to live a healthier lifestyle. We are very proud of her and excited to have her back for our mini-session.
Traci is mom to Hudson (3) and Jack (8). She lives in Eldridge with her husband, Derrick, and her boys. She works full-time at John Deere and in her spare time enjoys cheering on her boys at their activities, spending time with friends and family, shopping and traveling.
What motivated you to sign up for body back?
I decided it was time to focus on myself. Since having my second son 3 years ago, I had a hard time finding time to focus on me with juggling the kids, work, etc. I want to be a good role model for my kids and achieve my personal best so I figured Body Back was the best place to start this journey! Also, signing up and attending the classes with a good friend kept me motivated and dedicated!
I am always excited to highlight a new mom of the month, we have such great members at FIT4MOM QC and I want to shout to the rooftops about them!! This month... meet Kimberly! Kimberly has been a regular at all of our Stroller Strides classes, playgroups and Mom's Nights since our grand re-opening. This summer she took part (and smashed her goals) in our 5K training program and next week will begin her Body Back journey with our mini session! Enough of my babbling, here is what Kimberly has to say:
1) Where are you from? I was born in Davenport and graduated from Bettendorf High School. I attended college in Atlanta and moved to Iowa City for graduate school. My husband, Brian, and I returned to the Quad Cities to open a dental practice two years ago!
2) How many kids do you have? I have two kids – Jeremiah and Avani are 18 month old boy/girl twins!
3) How long have you been coming to Stroller Strides? I started attending Stroller Strides last summer during Chelsea’s grand re-opening promotional event.
4) What motivates you to...more
Our first 8 week Body Back session is in the books and we wanted to share some of the highlights of our session!!
In case you don't know what Body Back is here is the jist:
2 HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) , child free workouts each week
A small class format of MOMs!
Meal plan and food journal to help you make more educated decisions about how to fuel your body
At home workouts
A private facebook group to help keep you on track outside of class times
Before and after physical and fitness assessments, photos
Our mini sessions, which will be 5 weeks runs from Mon Oct 19-Th Nov. 19th and is open for...more
FIT4MOM has it's corporate conference coming up in October and the theme is #BEYOU. So today I am being me and sharing with you what is reality for me after baby 2.
8 months and 1 week, that is today. That is how long it has taken me to feel like I am even close to being in the shape I was in prior to having my 2nd child. I can finally fit into my pre-baby jeans, dresses and most shirts and I am so happy! And guess what, I am a fitness professional who gets to be physically active most days. To all the Moms out there I say this: Be healthy, but give yourself a break! We do not have personal chefs, personal trainers, time to work out for hours on end and live in help like many of those in Hollywood.
This is my reality: I have two kids, I teach Stroller Strides classes 3-4x/week. (Just as a disclaimer Stroller Strides is a great workout but teaching isn't for the teachers workout, we are busy entertaining kids with bubbles, reading books and making sure everyone else knows whats going on...I wouldn't trade it for anything!) but often this is the only time I...more
I am excited to introduce our September Mom of the Month. She has been with our FIT4MOM family for a few months and already has participated in all 3 of our programs: Stroller Strides, Body Back and FIT4MOM 5K! Please meet Jodi H!
1) Where are you from? Saginaw, MI
2) How many kids do you have? One, 5 month old Marie
3) How long have you been coming to Stroller Strides? I started right away when Marie was 6 weeks old.
4) What motivates you to exercise? I like feeling fit and healthy, feeling good about myself, and I consider exercising a huge stress reliever.
5) What is your favorite thing about FIT4MOM? FIT4MOM has been amazing... I love how everyone is or has been in the same boat. It's tough being a new mom!
6) What is your favorite thing to do for yourself, in your Mom-ME time? I love hot yoga or going on a long run alllll by myself!
Thanks for being our M.O.M.!more
Our friends at Britax have just informed us that they are conducting a voluntary safety recall today on certain Advocate ClickTight, Boulevard ClickTight, and Marathon ClickTight model CONVERTIBLE car seats manufactured between August 1, 2014 and July 29, 2015.
These car seats may contain a defect with the red harness adjuster button, which would pose a safety hazard. They have assured us that if you own one of these models, you may continue to safely use your car seat as long as you check and confirm that the shoulder harness straps remain tensioned when securing your child in the car seat.
* If your model # IS NOT on the list, your car seat is NOT included in the recall.
* If your model # IS on the list and your car seat IS registered with Britax, they will be automatically sending you a remedy kit with further instructions within the next 7-10 business days.
* If your model # IS on the list and you are NOT registered with Britax, please register on-line at...more
Meet our August M.O.M. Sarah S! Sarah brings such a fun attitude to class and as one of the older children her daughter is a favorite with the little kids! Let's get to know her a little better:
1) Where are you from? Rock Island
2) How many kids do you have? I have a sassy 4.5 year old named Olivia and baby #2 is due January 1st!
3) How long have you been coming to Stroller Strides? A little over a year... I joined when Chelsea took over the franchise and had an "open house". The other moms were very welcoming and I haven't looked back since!
4) What motivates you to exercise? I want to be a good role model for Olivia in all aspects of life, especially when it comes to being healthy and active. And now that I'm pregnant with baby #2, I'm hoping to be more active and stay that way through out this pregnancy so it doesn't take as long to get my body back!
5) What is your favorite thing about FIT4MOM? There is so much I love about FIT4MOM. I'm a stay-at-home mom so being able to exercise and bring Olivia with is amazing - I lack...more
This past weekend a group of us participated in the I AM STRONG Mudventure run to benefit Junior League. Some had participated last year, but mostly our group was made up of first timers. Let me tell you, this was out of the comfort zone for many. For starters, it's a 5K on trails, through grass and mud and then throw in the 22 obstacles like monkey bars, mudpits, creeks, walls and the over/under, it was a great challenge. Not in the comfort zone of many, for sure.more
Take a minute to think....what habits do you want your children to have? Chances are they are all good habits, nobody intentionally wants bad habits.
For me, I want my children to enjoy being active, choose healthy foods more than not and not be addicted to screens.
I have a struggle myself with two out of three of those. Exercise, check. No problem there. I love that my 3 year old asks me to do planks and squat jumps with her. She sees me modeling these things and thinks they are a regular part of life and fun. Between stroller strides classes, runs and playing tennis and my husband very active as well physical activity is a regular part of our daily lives and I feel we have set good examples there.
Unfortunately, my daughter has picked up another habit of mine, which is not that great. She LOVES Starbucks. We drive by one and she begs me for a vanilla milk. I did that to her. I love Starbucks too. I need to cut back on the unhealthy calories. The same goes for everything else I eat, healthy or unhealthy. The way that we talk about food to our...more
I am happy to introduce Ashley as our July M.O.M. Here are a few questions to help us get to know Ashley:
1. Where are you from? Bettendorf
2. Who are your kids? Drake, who is 2
3. How long have you been coming to Stroller Strides? 2 years
4. What motivates you to exercise? I use it as a stress reliever. I love putting on headphones and focusing on the music as I workout. It helps keep me sane and keeps me energized. My husband has always made working out a priority, so seeing him do it every day makes me feel like I need to do it too. I am also a lover of sweets and working out makes me feel better about eating them :)
5. What is your favorite thing about FIT4MOM? Joining Stroller Strides was one of the best decisions I've made since becoming a mom. Not only do I get an intense workout, but it has also allowed me to meet some amazing women whom I'm blessed to call my friends. Joining has changed my life and has helped to make me a better person.
6. What is your favorite thing to do for yourself, in your Mom-ME time?...more
Lets face it, getting out the door when you have kids is not an easy task. If you are struggling to make it to Stroller Strides in the morning here are a few easy tips to try and get you there:
Did you know that it takes three weeks for something to become a habit? Three weeks can seem like an eternity in the life of a sleep-deprived or crazy...more
I would like you to meet our June Mom of the Month: Jennifer. Here is what Jennifer has to say:
1) Where are you from? Rock Island, IL
2) How many kids do you have? Two children, daughter Calla - 5yrs and son Camden - 19 mos.
3) How long have you been coming to Stroller Strides? Since Spring of 2012
4) What motivates you to exercise? I need to be able to keep up with two very active kids! Plus, I always feel better about myself after a workout, like I've accomplished something for myself.
5) What is your favorite thing about FIT4MOM? I like the variety of the workouts and that my children get to be a part of it. I've also had the opportunity to meet some really great moms!
6) What is your favorite thing to do for yourself, in your Mom-ME time? I enjoy doing hot yoga, reading, getting pedicures and wandering around Target.more
Registration is now open for our 5K training program. This program is great for Moms who are first time runners, returning to running or need accountability and support to run a 5K. We will be training for the Quad City Marathon 5K run.
Included in the program that starts August 1st
Cost is $35. A $10 discount will be given to current Stroller Strides monthly members and 10 class pass holders. Current members can email email@example.com to register with the discounted rate. Non-members can sign up and access more information here. On the calender scroll to August to see the run days.more
Aubrey and Paula talk about FIT4MOM QC on an recent episode of PSL. We were so lucky to have them come to our class to see what we are all about! Our moms rocked their workout that day! A special thanks to Kimberly and Michelle for being interviewed! Check out the link below.more
My husband and I love to travel and when we decided to have kids we also decided (perhaps foolishly) that we want to continue with traveling. Our oldest, who just turned 3, has been on a dozen or so flying trips and our 4 month old son just took his first flight last week. This is always a hot topic so I thought I would share what works for us!
I would like you to meet Deb, our May M.O.M! Deb is a loyal Stroller Strides Member, you can find her there on most Wednesdays and Fridays!
Where are you from? Moscow, Iowa
How many kids do you have? I have Ella who is 1 and Eli who is 3
How long have you been coming to Stroller Strides? May marks 3 years!
What motivates you to exercise? Once I turned 40, my metabolism seemed to disappear. Seriously, I want to stay fit for my kids. I never want to be that parent who watches their kids play. I want to play WITH my kids.
What is your favorite thing about FIT4MOM? I love that I can get a good work out, entertain my kiddos, and develop mommy friendships at the same time.
What is your favorite thing to do in your MOM-ME time? What's that !?! Other than nap, I enjoy running. To fit it in without needing childcare, I get up at 4:30 am three times a week and run or walk at least 3 miles.
Thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself Deb, and thanks for always supporting Stroller Strides!more
We are celebrating YOU! For the week of Mother's Day (May 4th-May 8th) classes will be FREE to new members! New members can also sign up without a registration fee!
Classes are MWF at 9:30 AM and Tuesday at 5:30 PM.
To get your FREE week, simply create a new account and fill out the waiver. Your free week will be issued!
I hope to see you there!more
As the Moms in our family we often find ourselves pulled in many directions: Your spouse or significant other, your child(ren), your extended family, your pets, your job. We tend to put everyone else first. All.Day.Long. I believe that it is important to try to carve out even just 5 minutes each day where you can just sit and clear your head, with no one pulling you in different directions. And no...sitting on facebook doesn't count!
Here are some ideas on how to get a little MomME time each day:
On occasion maybe you even get your Mom-ME time outside of the house! Here are some things you can do for that!
Every month we will be featuring a new M.O.M or mom of the month! This is a way to get to know your fellow FIT4MOM moms.
Our April Mom of the Month is Michelle! Here are a few things about Michelle:
Where are you from? Taylor Ridge, IL
How many kids do you have? 1, Owen who is 3
How long have you been coming to Stroller Strides? A year and a half
What motivates you to exercise? Those endorphins that make me happy & wanting to stay active for my son #oldmomproblems
What is your favorite thing about FIT4MOM? I love it all - the workouts, friendly mamas, great playmates for Owen, MNOs & Friday play groups
What is your favorite thing to do in your Mom-ME time? A pedicure or a good massage
Thanks Michelle for sharing a bit about yourself! In addition to being a loyal Stroller Strider she is also our playgroup captain!more
As summer is getting closer you may be wondering how you can continue to attend Stroller Strides with your older children out of school. As a safety measure all children must be seated in a stroller during class. Here are a few ideas:
We hope summer doesn't stop you from coming to class!more