As the Moms in our family we often find ourselves pulled in many directions: Your spouse or significant other, your child(ren), your extended family, your pets, your job. We tend to put everyone else first. All.Day.Long. I believe that it is important to try to carve out even just 5 minutes each day where you can just sit and clear your head, with no one pulling you in different directions. And no...sitting on facebook doesn't count!
Here are some ideas on how to get a little MomME time each day:
- Wake up 5 minutes earlier. Take a cup of coffee or water outside in the nice weather months.
- Unplug for 5 minutes during nap or quiet time.
- Take an extra 5 minutes in the shower for the day. Your kids may be sitting in the bathroom with you but hopefully they are content!
On occasion maybe you even get your Mom-ME time outside of the house! Here are some things you can do for that!
- Go for a run or walk
- My personal favorite....go to Target! (Coffee and shopping?!)
- Get some sort of beauty treatment
- Head to your FIT4MOM Mom's Night Out
- Check into a hotel and sleep all night. A girl can dream right!?!
Whatever it is you do to take 5 for yourself I hope it leaves you feeling refreshed and recharged, ready to face the rest of the day! I truly believe it makes me a better parent, more patient and ready to face my daily challenges.