We are back with a new M.O.M., Megan R. One of the great things about FIT4MOM is that there are franchises nationwide! Megan joined us after moving here from Hawaii where she was a FIT4MOM member! Let's meet Megan!
1) Where are you from? Rehoboth Beach, DE
2) How many kids do you have? 2 boys, Ben and Thomas
3) How long have you been participating in FIT4MOM programs? I started my first class when Ben was six weeks old, so a little less than four years ago (which is crazy!).
4) What is the best thing for you about the running program? I really need accountability and a set schedule for running, all of which this group provided. I also enjoyed the support and relationships. I met my half marathon training partner/ overall partner in crime in our group! I have always considered myself to be "bad" at running, but with all the support from this group, I began to feel confident for the first time.
5) What motivates you to exercise? Endorphins! Mommy needs endorphins haha! It's one of the few things I do for me, and I always feel better when I'm done. I like watching myself get stronger, faster, etc. I feel accomplished at the end, and some days it seems like the only thing I accomplish ;)
6) What is your favorite thing about FIT4MOM? I love the community. When I found out we were moving from Hawaii to the Quad Cities, the first thing I did was look up fit4mom, and after finding it, I was able to breath a sigh of relief instantly. All moms need mom friends, and fit4mom has been providing those relationships to me since 2013!
7) What is your favorite thing to do for yourself, in your Mom-ME time? Is it lame to say workout here? I also like reading, relaxing with my husband, drinking craft beer, date nights, singing along to the radio, and wearing lipstick.
8) What is one piece of advice you would give to new moms? This is a tough question. Relating it to my own experiences, I will say reach out for help when you need it! You matter too! It took me a while to realize that meeting your own needs is not selfish. Are you starving? Then put down the crying baby and eat something. Are you exhausted to the bone? Find someone to watch the little one(s) and take a nap as soon as possible. Do you feel depressed? Make an appointment and talk to your doctor about your symptoms. When you meet your own needs, are you always a better mom/spouse/daughter/friend!