I am so happy to introduce you to our July M.O.M.! Megan L. has been a part of so many FIT4MOM programs over the last year! She has done running groups, a regular evening Stroller Strides attendee and is in her 2nd Body Back Session!! Megan was also our Spring Body Back biggest winner, wohooo!!
Lets find out a bit more about Megan:
) Where are you from? Davenport
2) How many kids do you have? One daughter, Nora, who is 2.
3) How long have you been participating in FIT4MOM programs? A little over a year, since March 2016.
4) What is the best thing for you about Body Back? I enjoyed having a scheduled time to work out.
5) What was the greatest thing about the 5K training program you did? The support of other moms in the Facebook group and during group runs. I love running the 5K race at the end together too!
6) What motivates you to exercise? All the benefits- stress relief, better sleep, and endorphins!
7) What is your...more
Most of you know me or have met me at a class but not everyone knows my story as how I came to own FIT4MOM Quad Cities and/or my WHY! So, I thought I would share it all with you on this little blog for my 3rd Anniversary as owner of FIT4MOM Quad Cities.
My FIT4MOM story started in my 2011 marathon training group with cornbelt running club, I saw a car sticker "stroller strides" and didn't really know what it was but it was always in the back of my mind. Fast forward to May 2012 after my daughter was born and a fellow runner friend and I decided to try a class together, when Stella was around 8 weeks old. I was working as a physical therapist until her birth and went to PRN status after she was born. I knew I needed something to get me out of the house so I tried Stroller Strides. I joined to come once a week, on Fridays. Stella slept late, I worked some and I enjoyed other forms of exercise like tennis and volleyball and running too! I didn't attend playgroups much or moms nights. I still liked my workouts on Fridays and the group of Moms and eventually started...more
These suggestions are adapted from the FIT4MOM Chicago Blog:
In honor of Mother's Day I am so excited to highlight one very, very special Mom in our classes, Connie P! She is actually my Mom! She is completing her 3rd Body Back Session and I am always so impressed by her dedication and her results!
Learn a bit more about Connie:
1. Where are you from? I am from Camanche IA
2. Who are you a Mom to? I have two children. Chelsea 34 & Bryson 32. Both are married & each have 2 children. Love my Grandmahood!
3. How long have you been participating in FIT4MOM programs? I am in my third session of Body Back. I participated in the first BB session offered by the Q C Fit4Mom & have loved each session.
4. What is your favorite thing about Body Back? My favorite thing about BB is how it challenges me & how successful I feel even though I struggle with some of the exercises. The instructors are always able to provide me with modifications.
5. What motivates you to exercise? A PT once told me "motion is lotion". I have good reasons to stay in motion & BB fits my needs!
6. What is your...more
We are back with a new M.O.M., Megan R. One of the great things about FIT4MOM is that there are franchises nationwide! Megan joined us after moving here from Hawaii where she was a FIT4MOM member! Let's meet Megan!
1) Where are you from? Rehoboth Beach, DE
2) How many kids do you have? 2 boys, Ben and Thomas
3) How long have you been participating in FIT4MOM programs? I started my first class when Ben was six weeks old, so a little less than four years ago (which is crazy!).
4) What is the best thing for you about the running program? I really need accountability and a set schedule for running, all of which this group provided. I also enjoyed the support and relationships. I met my half marathon training partner/ overall partner in crime in our group! I have always considered myself to be "bad" at running, but with all the support from this group, I began to feel confident for the first time.
5) What motivates you to exercise? Endorphins! Mommy needs endorphins haha! It's one of the few things I do for me, and I always feel better when I'm...more
I would love for you all to meet Michelle H! Michelle is a wonderful addition to our FIT4MOM family and has been involved in FIT4BABY, Stroller Strides and Body Back!
1) Where are you from?
I'm originally from Dyersville but have been in Davenport for ever ten years now.
2) How many kids do you have?
I have one son, Lawson, who turns one the first week of December.
3) How long have you been participating in FIT4MOM programs?
I joined Fit4Mom with the first Fit4Baby class when I was 34 or 35 weeks pregnant, around November of 2015!
4) What was your favorite part of FIT4BABY?
Having a chance to exercise near the end of my pregnancy and talk to other pregnancy women! I wish I could have started earlier in my pregnancy but it was definitely a great way to wrap up those last few weeks!
5) What is the best thing for you about the Body Back Program?
I like having a workout where I don't have to worry about a fussing baby. (The downside is I miss bedtime for Lawson but it's good for Dad!)
6) What motivates you to...more
It's time to introduce our September Mom of the Month! This member has been a loyal member since I took over in 2014, she started when she was very pregnant and worked out right up until the birth of baby #2 and then came back after she was cleared to exercise! We are lucky to have Laci W. and her kids in our village!
1) Introduce yourself and who you are a mom to: My name is Laci Weber and my husband, Brian, and I have two rambunctious children who are 13 months apart: Lillian, 3 and Kellen just turned 2!
2) Where are you from: I grew up in a small town along the Mississippi River called Rapids City
3) How long have you been participating in Stroller Strides? I started Fit4Mom 2 years ago while extremely pregnant with our son trying to see a glimpse of the body I once had. Don't get me wrong, I had NEVER been athletic but having 2 babies in 13 months definitely took it's toll!
4) What is your favorite thing about FIT4MOM? It's hard to pick just one favorite thing about Fit4Mom. It gives me the energy I need to get through the day after the...more
Hello! It's been a bit quiet around here lately, I hope you are enjoying your summer as much as we are at FIT4MOM! After a summer hiatus we are bringing back our M.O.M.!
I want to introduce you to Amanda! Amanda and her son, Will brighten any Stroller Strides Class. She has also completed our 5K training program and is about to enter our next Body Back session. In addition she has volunteered her talent as a photographer to provide us with our Mother's Day Mommy and Me photos! We asked Amanda our M.O.M. questions so we can all learn a bit more about her!
1) Where are you from? Born and raised in Moline!
2) How many kids do you have? One, Will who is 1
3) How long have you been participating in FIT4MOM programs? I have been a member since November 2015
4) What is the best thing for you about the running program? It helped motivate me to get moving again! I stopped running about 5 months into my pregnancy and never got back into it until I joined the running group. I re-found what I had been missing!
5) What motivates you to exercise? I...more
The results are in, and the hard work paid off. I am thrilled with how far I’ve come in only eight weeks! Think about all that can be accomplished in only two months. These eight weeks could have consisted of choices like sitting on the couch after the kids are in bed, snacking out of boredom, or eating the wrong foods. I put my mind to it though, and decided to get out for six workouts per week on average, planned my meals and snacks, and made sure I was mostly eating foods that were going to help my body.
In eight weeks I doubled my plank time, shaved 37 seconds off my 0.4 mile run, and improved greatly in all of my timed strength exercises as well. What I lost in weight and inches, I gained ten-fold in strength, confidence and wellness. I was chatting with my college gal pal about the program and my progress this week. She asked me what I was most proud of, but I really had trouble making a decision. In all aspects of this program I feel so accomplished!
I have learned so much about myself in this short time. I’ve learned that I can push myself further...more
So far I am seven weeks into the Body Back program and have one week to go. I keep surprising myself every week. I did not expect myself to be the person who would choose a salad over a burger or wake up early on the weekend to go running. I am so glad that I am, though. I have seen a transformation in my exercise routine, my diet, my body and my energy level. I am looking forward to running more races this summer, not necessarily because I have developed a love for running, but because I want to see growth in my progress.
This week I wore shorts, as opposed to pants or capris, to exercise and I really felt no differently than I normally do. I was able to confidently go about the routine without worrying what I felt or looked like, or pulling my clothes this way or that out of nervous habit. Thankfully this is just in time for the summer heat to start rolling in!
More important than the smaller numbers I am seeing on the scale each week are the feelings of confidence and strength which continue to grow within me. I am realizing more and more that I am capable of...more